This guy was eating lots of medibles.  That thing looks pretty clapped out.
SO somebody popped a 116 SD engine into this thing and has done nothing to deal
with the rust.  There is no way all numbers match if the engine is not
original.  With the wear, I am going to say it has around 250k at least.

clay

1974 450sl -  Frosch - Two tone green
1986 SDL - Polei
1982 300 SD - Allen

retired models-
2002 s430 - Victor, a Stately & well tailored crap
1976 300D - Blei Vanst - it looks silvery
POS 1987 SDL - Beware Nigerian Scammers