I love my turbo CD. Overboost protection was sticking but my Indy fixed it
so it is now 0-60 in ???

Dwight Giles Jr.
Wickford RI

On May 18, 2018 10:54 AM, "Floyd Thursby via Mercedes" <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

I ordered 4 reman brake calipers, pads, and new hoses for the 78 300CD and
oil and tranny filters from Advance Auto with a 20% coupon ($50 max) and
free shipping, had to pay tax though.  Their prices were pretty good,
comparable to other sites then the $50 off, so I guess it was a reasonable
deal.  I can drop the old calipers off at the store to get the core charge
back.  $370 for all that which I guess is not too bad.  The descriptions
said they were remanufactured Bendix and ATE for whatever that is worth.

I have not looked at the rotors, I am presuming they are kinda rusty and
thinking I should go at them with a sander flapper or wire wheel to clean
them up some before putting the new brakes on.  I'm sure the tires are old
too, though they look pretty good, so maybe some more cheepcheep Kumhos are
in the future for it.

I was kinda surprised that reman calipers are now $55-63, last ones I
bought were maybe like $40.  Maybe the chinee are gouging us to get back at
the Trumpinator.

I'll get some fluides for the tranny and engine and brake system and flush
all that out, get this baby on the road then maybe try to sell it unless I
am enjoying it.

--
--FT