Look at it this way:

If you call the tool you better have an idea of what you want and prepare to
stand your ground.  State what your amount is, what you based it on, and that
you will accept cash in return for an agreement to consider the matter closed
(that you get to review prior to a commitment) followed wth a date that you
want it resolved by.

Alternately, you can call your insurer and explain what happened and ask their
advice.  At least I know I can talk to my agent in a situation like this and
get an idea of which way will be the most expedient resolution and benefit me
the most.  If you don’t have that kind of relationship with your insurance
agent, I’m not sure what to tell you as I sure as heck wouldn’t call the home
office customer service and ask.  That’s because they’ll make a record of it.

-D