This is a local story which may not have been covered in detail elsewhere...

Mom ordered the cake online and the ordering system flagged the “word” as
offensive.  Rather than just go to the store and order it, she ignored the “—-“
in the ordering system and wrote out an explanation of what the word and phrase
meant in the free text part of the form and sent in the order.

Most likely, the store just saw the order the way it was with the dashes and
did that.

She waited until the last minute to pick it up.  Store gave her the money back
and a gift card for the inconvenience.  Poor communication all the way around.

-D who graduated Magna —- Laude