Thanks everyone, you’ve given me some good information to go on.

I’m not really that worried about accuracy, so the Mossberg and others, while
they sure are nice looking rifles, are probably more than I want to invest.  I
agree that a 10/22 is probably the one.

Since it’s going to be raining like crazy here all weekend thanks to Tropical
Storm Alberto I think I’ll go over to ye olde gun shoppe and see what they
might have….

-D