I never priced a henry, and I am aware of the current value of a Model 61, but every once in a while there is one with some use that goes well under the mark you mentioned. 5-6 bills can get you one if you are parient, and a 10 22 will NOT appreciate, where a 61 or savage 24 will. I have been sorely tempted to glom onto some of the un appreciated 61s I have seen sell.

You needed to buy them in 1965-70.

Dan Penoff via Mercedes wrote:
Goodness, Curley, you’ve got some expensive tastes in .22 rifles!

I thought the Henrys were expensive, but looking on GunBroker a nice Winchester
61 or 1906 is approaching $1,000!

S class tastes with a W123 budget….

-D