Samaritans Purse is a customer of mine, I know a couple of their video guys.
Seems like a good group.

-Curt

    On Wednesday, May 23, 2018, 12:58:25 AM EDT, Craig via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

 I think I may have mentioned on the list that we are no longer going to
Indiana. SonSet Solutions withdrew its offer for me to join them as a
volunteer engineer. When we interviewed with them in March, 2014, we were
told they were used to waiting up to five years for people to raise
support. Since it had only been four and since we were actively working
with a real estate agent and looking for a house to buy and were planning
a trip to purchase a house, we were quite shocked, to say the least. They
said they now had enough engineers and didn't need me.

We still have to move, however, because the place in which we are
currently living is not really suitable as a long-term dwelling and is
quite expensive. That's not even considering the dusty environs in which
the building is situated and my health problems with dust.

Last September, when we were poised to haul 1000 disaster relief buckets
for our denomination's relief group, but were later told the buckets
would not be available, one of the places at which I looked to provide
assistance was Samaritan's Purse (the ministry which does the Operation
Christmas Child) in North Carolina. Nothing came of that at the time, but
I have looked at them again since February.

I called a college friend of mine who lives in North Carolina and asked
him what it was like. His bottom-line assessment was that he likes it.

We plan to head east tomorrow morning to explore what is back there.
Exactly how long we will be gone and where all we will go remains to be
seen. I do know the U.S. Postal Service will hold our mail for up to 30
days, so we have the potential for being on the road for a month.

Currently, I plan on driving to Charlotte, North Carolina, and visiting
the college friend of mine, then exploring the Boone and North Wilkesboro
area where Samaritan's Purse is located, then exploring Waxhaw, NC, where
JAARS (Jungle Aviation and Radio Service, another missionary
organization) is.

We may even take a jaunt down to Chucktown to visit the dynamic duo who
run the Southeast Mercedes Rescue Association.

We then plan on driving to New Jersey so I can talk with the people who
sold me an ARB refrigerator that doesn't hold temperature very well.
After that is the Hudson Valley of New York, where some friends run a
Christian radio station network.

After that, we will drive to Kentucky, where we will visit Answers in
Genesis and the Kentucky Trailer company, which manufactured our 51'
drop-frame furniture van, so I can ask them some questions.

Then we will head through Missouri, where we will hopefully visit with
Philip (fmiser) and stop at 4 State Trucks, a heavy truck accessory
seller, and then back through Oklahoma and to home in New Mexico.

All in all, about 6000 miles.

Craig