So the muffler on the 95 fell off the other day. This is the one that was
cracked right as it goes into the muffler and I tried welding it a couple of
times but it kept cracking again. I went down to the Napa here in town to see
if they sold those exhaust adapters things. They did not but said they did
exhaust work so I showed them the muffler. They said there was not enough pipe
sticking out and it had already been welded so they could not do anything. They
said there was a guy north of town who had a whole junkyard of old Mercedes. I
told him I was the guy and did not have one. I though that was amusing.  So I
went to the next town over to advanced and they sell them. My original plan
anyway was to get one of those pipe connecting adaptors and shove it down the
hole into the muffler so it would be stable, then connect it to the pipe. I got
about 3 different ones to use for the project. I ended up using 2 of the
pieces. One was a straight piece that I got about 3/4 of the way down into the
muffler. So it stuck out about half an inch and the other 3 inches or so is
down in the muffler. I got another adapter that fit into this adaptor which
would in turn slide inside the pipe on the car. So even before doing anything
the connection between the muffler and the first connector was pretty solid. I
probably could put a clamp at the connection between that adaptor and the 2nd
one but decided to weld it. It’s pretty ugly but I think it’s going to work
just fine and should not crack again.  May not be the conventional way that a
exhaust place would do it but that’s how we do it at okie acres. That section
out of the muffler is sticking in about 2-3” and the 2nd section sticks into
the first one about half way, so it’s plenty stable. On the pipe end it will
stick in about an inch or more and will use a clamp there. When it hit the road
and started dragging it out a few cracks in the muffler which I am patching up
with that muffler patch stuff. I’m going to let that cure till tomorrow then
put the thing back in the car.

I had this project and the 190d both going on at the same time. I have tons
more crap to do out here but it’s getting hot and I’m probably going to head
back inside and sit on my ass for a while in the cool ac.

Sent from  my iPhone