Anybody heard of this method for getting a title to an old car that you may not have a title to?  This seems like a much easier and cheaper alternative to trying to get one thru Oklahoma for example, or if a car has been off the road for many years, and if it is titled in the state of OK for example, even if I don't date the title until I am ready to transfer it, if the registration is expired they charge penalties for the last 2 years.  It can amount to $2-300 or more in penalties in some cases.  In the cases where I have idiot sellers of long term projects who insist on dating the title, if its been several years till I get ready to register it, with the new sales tax we now have on cars, that does not cap out, it accrues about I believe $1.25 per day.  Penalty on registration and title transfer accrues at $1 per day each after 30 days and caps out at $100 ($200) total.  I seem to recall being told the sales tax portion keeps on accruing.

http://www.titlerecovery.com/

This website says $49, but it looks to me like you may have to pay the tax on the value of the vehicle, which is still probably cheaper than using one  of those online title service deals.

---
https://www.avg.com