In some ways they are better since you have so much more information available
as forewarnings instead of listening for strange noises or waiting until
something breaks. On the other hand they can be far more expensive to repair
because of their complexity. Having one of each provides the best of both
worlds IMO.
Gerry

---
https://www.avg.com