So I spent most of the day working on the 190D.  I did a full conversion to R134 including new expansion valve, all o rings replaced, drier replaced, oil changed to ester, also pulled the blower motor and cleaned out a rats nest that was built back behind the fan and evaporator.  No idea how they got in there. Put it all back together, pulled a vacuum and ran leak test on the ac machine, it passed.  I then charged with R134 and the 201 chassis seems to convert well to R134 as it cooled pretty darn good at idle in the 95 degree heat today.

I noticed all the sudden the oil pressure gauge is dead, shows 0 even when wire is unplugged from the sending unit.  I guess I will have to swap the gauge out.  So as I was finishing it up for the day I shut the car down and hear a hiss.  Not the normal hiss you might here when you shut it down with the high and low side equalizing.  It was louder.  It seemed to be coming from down low.  Then I saw it, a big bubble in the high side hose from the condenser to the compressor.  Crap.  I pulled the car back into the shop to go ahead and recover the system before it all leaked out and I keep getting a high pressure error on my machine.  I need to look into that and hopefully its not a major deal.  So anyway, looks like Im going to have to replace the manifold hoses.  I wonder if its cheaper to order a new set or have these rebuilt?  Anybody BTDT?  I was hoping to have this car ready to start driving next week.

---
https://www.avg.com