The SD shut off issue, though maybe, probably related to the ignition (swapped
in new) was not resolved that way.  I took the car to the indy for greater
diagnosis.  He found much vacuum trouble.  Maybe the green modulator is bad,
but when he was doing the vac testing, ATF was being sucked into his equipment.
 Something was making for a need to change out the hard vac lines.  May be that
the ATF was getting sucked into the engine and making it run on.  At this point
I am kind of locked out of my car, since all the vacuum operated things are
engaged (trunk, doors, fuel flap)  It would be good to either make them fully
functional or undo the vacuum actuation the indy performed.

NOW, I need to fund a bunch of bulk lines so that I can rebuild the 30-45 year
old lines in my cars.  My current diesels have an excess of gunk in their
lines.  Are there any reasonably priced bulk line providers?  I think there are
both 4mm and 5mm clear line that I will need to replace.

clay

1974 450sl -  Frosch - Two tone green
1986 SDL - Polei
1982 300 SD - Allen

retired models-
2002 s430 - Victor, a Stately & well tailored crap
1976 300D - Blei Vanst - it looks silvery
POS 1987 SDL - Beware Nigerian Scammers