My 78 240D had a York. Shook the car pretty good and ate up a lot of the power
but it'd make ice cubes like crazy...

Curt

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 12:57 AM, Craig via Mercedes<mercedes@okiebenz.com>
wrote:   On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 18:03:37 -0500 Peter Frederick via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Kept clean and dry those R4s are almost as good as the York units Ford
> used, and vibrate a lot less too.

Mercedes used them, too (I had a '72 220D/8 which had one).

Kenworth used them (We have a '00 W900 which has one).

Yes, they vibrate a lot, though on the Kenworth you don't notice it (the
3000+ lb block casting helps a lot with the vibration damping).

Craig