I wonder how much of this interest in old, quality cars is due to the
governments laws requiring manufacturers to install Event Data Recorders
(EDR's) in new cars?

The EDR recording of a contestable accident in a newer car might suggest that
the driver was at fault when the other driver in an older car without an EDR
might have actually caused the accident.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Event_data_recorder#Accessing_event_data_recorder_information

https://www.carprousa.com/does-your-car-have-a-black-box

Mercedes didn't appear to have EDRs installed before 2014

http://harristechnical.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/HTS_CDR_List.pdf

Gerry

Meade Dillon wrote:
> The Griswolds must be looking for a new ride...
> -------------
> Max
> Charleston SC
>
> On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 1:59 PM, Andrew Strasfogel via Mercedes <
> mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>
> > Old station wagons are in vogue now.  Low miles Chrysler LeBaron with
> > unresolved issues; not my cup of tea exactly but others salivate.
> >
> > https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1978-chrysler-lebaron-
> > town-country-2/?utm_source=dailymail&utm_medium=email&
> > utm_campaign=2018-07-19

---
https://www.avg.com