Thanks for the input guys.  I was concerned about the wheelbase also, but the
seats are so darned comfortable.  Yes, I still have my 1980 300SD, but it's
sleeping due to some repairs it needs (rear axles getting harder to find
without a price that forces a second home mortgage).  Big tickets are hard to
justify on a 1980 vehicle.  I like the diesel in the ML line, much better
mileage.  It may sound funny, but I'd like a Buick Lesabre, but then Buick
discontinued it.  The Lucerne just isn't the same.  Anyway, thanks for the
input on this model.  Is the ML450 better?  I sat in one as well and I know
it's bigger.

Best Wishes,

Roger

Roger Hale