Thanks Randy!  That sounds perfectly logical.  I'll give it a try.  ;-)

Sincerely,

Larry

On 07/25/2018 5:19 PM, Randy Bennell via Mercedes wrote:
On 25/07/2018 1:50 PM, Larry Turner via Mercedes wrote:
Hi All,

I have pretty much locked in the procedure of using a Test Light between the Neg Cable and Neg Post as I look for shorts by pulling fuses 1 by 1. Thanks for teaching me that new  skill!

I was hoping I could use the same procedure to find the individual parts of components to pinpoint the problem?   For instance, the vanity light may be the culprit - can I put the fuse back in and disable the vanity light?  Hopefully I can unplug it or just pull the bulb...

Thanks,

Larry

I am no expert but since it does not look like you have had any response as yet, I will give you my thoughts.
You likely cannot use the test light to test the components.
I would try using a meter. For example, if you suspect the vanity light, pull the fuse for it and then test the feed to the vanity mirror light for continuity to ground. You probably need to pull the bulb too. If you get continuity between the hot side of the bulb socket and ground, then you have a short to ground.

RB who suspects someone who knows much more about this sort of thing may have a better idea