The 115 was a rust magnet.  Cash for clunkers filled scrap yards with /8 cars.
I scrounged a basement full of parts to try to keep my 220D road worthy

A w123 is a bit more complex and less prone to rusting to death.  There are
also many more of them out on the road, as well as in parts yards.  Since MBNA
is not stocking parts for old cars anymore, having access to parts in a junk
yard is a solution.