I put a fresh valve cover on the SD.  I re-used the gasket.  There came upon
the engine a massive washing of the block in engine oil.  It was gushing all
down the block and … wtf?  So, I clean it up and install a fresh gasket, but
this time I make sure the surfaces are pristine, and use a new gasket.

This seems to have not had the salubrious effect I hoped for.  New gasket was
secured hand tight instead of cranked down.  The block is still awash with old,
nasty oil to the tune of one quart every six miles.

Could there be another oil leak?  I have to wait for the engine to cool down to
clean it up and secure things better.

clay monroe
redgh...@comcast.net