Yah that's a thing, but none of them want to do the math on how much fuel
it takes to make power or how much air it takes to burn that much fuel or
what air and fuel pumps and coolers it might take to deliver those
quantities to the motor.

Honestly a bread truck with a 4bt would be a lot easier and cheaper to hot
rod than a 617. Or an older vw diesel.

617s are getting a bit rare out here. Everyone wants 1700-2k for a motor.