> On August 24, 2018 at 12:41 PM Buggered Benzmail via Mercedes
> <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>

> It has an aftermarket hitch and a sketchy wire

The current 2" Curt offering for W163 bolts to the four hitch mount holes in
the bumper frame and is rated for 3500lb.
The 2" Draw-Tite is similar to the Curt, but also includes a couple of
reinforcing brackets that strengthen the bumper frame at the ends where it's
welded to the frame rails, and is rated for 5,000lb if you install the
reinforcements. I never knew why they did that, as I thought the W163 was rated
for 5000lb as-is, without bolting extra gussets to the frame.

I think I've seen W163 with 1 1/4" receivers on them, don't ask me what's up
with that but I wouldn't consider towing over 2000lb with them.

Mitch.