That would have been smart.  I'm not that smart.  And, I just wanted to be done
with the deal and leave.  I checked the local FLAPS online and they were all
over $100 for same battery.  I was sorely tempted to but a sealed lead acid
battery online but wanted the generator back online ASAP.  Buy thanks for the
idea, maybe next time,

On related note, I buy a lot of cat food for the abandoned cats we feed.
Walmart has the best price but the shelves have only individual cans: the
flavors are all mixed up on the shelves and then I have to sort the cans when I
get home.  A PetSence recently opened nearby and they order whole cases
(typically 24 cases a month) for me and match Walmart's price.  I love to use a
local business when practical.