A hair more than 1/2”.  I actually install it like plywood into the window
opening using clips rather than over the outside of the window.  It’s far, far
easier, makes for smaller panels, and doesn’t require drilling holes in the
exterior walls of the house.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014PYV0P0/ref=twister_B071772W95?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

-D