Agreed, and thus is why I suggested the grand caravan. They are very low maintenance, and anyplace that is competent can work on them. That or a sprinter. both are best in in class, the original and often imitated, but never surpassed.

Curt Raymond via Mercedes wrote:
  Any Audi out of warranty is a money pit waiting to happen.
Honestly if I were looking I'd be thinking hard about a Chevy or Ford. Way
cheaper than Toyota or the Germans, cheaper ownership overall and the cars
they're making these days are actually pretty good.

-Curt