Ok sports fans. A rat is somehow raiding our kitchen at night. I think he
came in through an open door. So far, my TomCat black plastic traps baited
with peanut butter have not tempted him at all. He has eaten the hell out
of a small jack o lantern, some bread, and gnawed through a nylon lunch
box. He gets up on the dining room table and counters, so he isnt a mouse.
And makes a hell of a mess. I thought he might even be a squirrel at first.

Anyway, I washed the traps off and will try some apple and some bread for
bait, and even bait some glue traps, but after that my next move is a jack
russell.

Any advice on trapping techniques? My little black traps are pretty deadly
with the little bait cup down in a hole in the trigger, but so far my
peanut butter standby isnt working out, which seems sort of unbelievable.

Maybe I will have to go with the cage type and put some serious bait
quantity in there to lure him in.

Consensus on bait alternatives? Traps?

Thanks.