How much of the truck is non-electronic?  In general, I worry about the
alternator and starter (no fuses in those circuits) on my diesels.  I'm
pretty sure the battery would handle a short but big pulse of energy just
fine.  Radio and instrument panel will be mostly dead (speedometer is
mechanical so that will be fine).
Max
Charleston SC