I was trying to switch off all the breakers on the the bad leg, and found that
I had flickering lights on two adjacent breakers, meaning it was both legs.
Then while I was scratching my head wondering about that, the power went out
totally. I have no idea why LED lights on some circuits were flickering and
identical LEDs were not flickering on other circuits.

The barrel that holds the fuse upstream of the transformer was burned out.
He put a temporary jumper on it, and a two man crew will come out and replace
the barrel tomorrow.

Should have just called them Friday morning.

Mitch