Fl

Andrew Strasfogel via Mercedes wrote:
WHat state is Hawthorne?

On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 12:57 PM Curley McLain via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

Thanks.  I can't remember if the greenie weenie matches I had were
Diamond or some other.   I suppose I should try small town stores in N
MS, AR or AL where they burn wood for heat.  I was hoping to find some
place with a national presence that would stock real matches.  The Ace
Hardware stores I go to don't seem to sell anything for under $5.

MG via Mercedes wrote:
IN the local ACE Hardware here in Hawthorne they sell the small
diamond strike anywhere matches. The heads are green and white but
they work just fine on either the box or anywhere else you want to
strike them. Something like $1.50 for a pack of 10 boxes with 32
matches each. You said you don't like them but they work great for me
for a one-match light of the barbie. Then again I'm not trying to
start forest fires or funeral pyres, though some say the cigars I
smoke might as well be that.

MG