Back in the veetnam war era when I was working outside in all weather I got some mil surplus bootgrease in 1 lb flat cans. It was great stuff. I'd put my boots on the register and get them good and hot, then smear on the grease. I often put the can with the lid loose on the register too. THen it would go on as a liquid and soak in well as a liquid on hot leather. I re-treated every 2-4 weeks. I don't know what is in it, but it had a distinctive smell. I called it bear grease, but it wasn't really bear grease as far as I know. Somewhere I still have a part can of it I've been hoarding. I wanted it to compare if I ever could find something similar. I never have found anything even close to it, but the beeswax/neetsfoot will probably work as well.

fmiser via Mercedes wrote:
Curt wrote:

What wax to oil ratio? I have neatsfoot oil for Coleman pump
leathers... I heat the boots when I put the wax on but I can see
how oil would help.