Coleman paint is really soft and years of bacon grease makes it even more so.
Rustolem of Krylon, with a good primer and allowed to harden fully will be much
tougher than what you removed. I like dark Hunter green although some guys say
Hunter green (not dark) is better.Use etch primer by the instructions, then 3
or 4 coats of paint at 10 minute intervals and it'll be good for 40 more years.
A new sticker is easy to get too,is there any of yours left? I have some,just
want to be sure it's right.

Curt

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 9:37 AM, Meade Dillon via
Mercedes<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:   Curt - I stripped most of the paint
off that Coleman stove you sent me.  I
feel pretty bad about that.  I finally decided to fire it up several weeks
ago, it works great, and then the neat-freak-OCD in me could not take all
the 'patina' so I tried to clean it off.  Well it is really clean now!
Turns out that the no-fume version of OvenOff will strip off paint too.

So my question is what paint would be resistant to OvenOff, and does it
come in Coleman green and red?  I'm not too bent on keeping it original
(I'd need new sticker too), so I'm not sure I want to just repaint with the
Krylon or whatever is a close match to the original green and red.  I'd
like to find something that is resistant to OvenOff so future cleaning
events can be less drama free.