On Fri, 2 Nov 2018 04:14:33 -0400 archer75--- via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> These states allow triple towing:
>

> https://rv-roadtrips.thefuntimesguide.com/triple_towing/

They have a different definition for triple towing. In the big truck
world it is a tractor towing three trailers. Doubles is a tractor towing
two trailers.

In any event, I have started letters to each state through which we will
pass in getting to North Carolina asking if my combination is permitted.
I think the problem will be the overall length, which will be 84' 9".
They may permit me to do that with an oversize permit.

In looking at the website you referenced, Gerry, I found a link to:

https://auto.howstuffworks.com/auto-parts/towing/towing-capacity/vehicle

which has a list of makes, each of which has a listing for the Gross
Combination Weight Rating (GCWR) of each model of vehicle. That will be
helpful.

Craig