Ouch! I had a conversation Friday about corporate stupidity. It seems that corporate minions have to check the brain at the door. It is the same in every large organization. Ever hear of "military Intelligence?"

Bean counting bozos for sure.

Jim Cathey via Mercedes wrote:
The company I used to work for has decided that Engineering in the USA is
too expensive, and is apparently busily out-sourcing to India, where they
can get the same thing for 1/3 the cost.  (Last I heard 400+ job reqs were
open in India.)  Well, it's the same so long as your only metric is head
count per rupee.  They're also eliminating their in-house computing
resources, and going entirely to "the cloud", because it's cheaper.  (This
same outfit closed our data center a couple of years ago, moving it all to
silicon valley where power and real estate is much more expensive.  WA has
the lowest power prices in the nation.)

The biggest irony is that their upcoming JITC (US DoD) re-certification
will now also apparently be done in India.  It certainly won't be done by
the people who did it last time.

They will learn, but not until after they've destroyed their high-quality
resources, and possibly even their ability to function.  Just about
everyone in my department already has something else lined up.  I'm going
to work for a small locally-owned company that's in the entertainment
business.  A big change, but I won't be working for fad-driven
bean-counting bozos.

-- Jim