Be sure you place the panel in a location that gets sun all hours of the day.
Around my home the idiots toss the lights up where they want light, not where
sun will be.  Magic misunderstanding of how the things work, so they must
function because the sun is out, even if the thing is placed in shade all day
long.

Guy up the street covered his roof with solar panels.  Must be able to generate
3kW if they were not shaded by massive trees but for high noon.  Solar water
heater is equally occluded.

clay monroe
redgh...@comcast.net