I don't understand it at all, a breakdown .22 with a real barrel and iron
sights is a much better choice. Add a scope and you've got redundant sights.
Bolt action for simple repairs if something goes wrong, actually break action
for something really simple to maintain and fix.
Dad has a break action .22/.410 depending on the barrel. They're both quite
useful but the .410 has shot a lot of squirrels, porcupines, rabbits,
partridge, etc. We call it the "Harvester". His is a youth model so its very
small, came with a cloth sleeve it carries in, broken down in the case its
probably 18"x5"x3", maybe 3#. They make some other barrels, if you swapped out
the .22 for a .44mag you'd be good for deer sized game as long as you kept the
range down to 100 yards or less. The .410 should be good for that too but it
doesn't have sights...

-Curt

    On Thursday, November 29, 2018, 9:59:42 AM EST, Dan Penoff via Mercedes