You are absolutely right. The bagless things are POS. They take a lot more time to empty/clean than a regular Hoover with a HEPA bag and they don't clean any better, if as well. They are banking on the fact that many people will use it a few times and throw it out. Then they can sell another machine.

Meade Dillon via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
December 2, 2018 at 10:09 PM

I think the bag-less part is rather gimmicky, the clear container that
fills up with dirt makes you think you are really cleaning, really getting
something done, boy-oh-boy look at all that dirt and hair and stuff! But
then you've got to empty that container and wash out the parts, and if
you're OCD like me you end up wasting an extra twenty minutes cleaning the
darn container and special vortex-generating parts.