On Mar 30, 2006, at 10:22 AM, Kaleb C. Striplin wrote:

Fixing to swap out the radiator on my 190D and then need to get the
pepto out of the tranny.  My thinking is I will drain the pan and
converter, fill back up with fresh fluid, , run it for a little bit.
Drain pan and repeat until fluid is good. Then pull pan and change the
filter.  Anybody got any other ideas?
--
Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK

You'll be draining the convertor too, it'll be 7 or so qts each change. Watch the heat and change it out after short time running. Its pink due to water no doubt and that will steam the friction material off of the clutches. You can most likely save it but bite the bullet and get a stack of filters unless you have an effective way of cleaning.

Johnny B.
I Mac Therefore I am