Good basic pickup.   As long as it is not rusted away, and the engine runs, then you might wanna check out the front end for worn ball joints, tie rods, LCA bushings, etc. (Assuming 2wd)   If 4 WD, there are 4 bearings in the steering knuckles, if memory serves.  They are pretty easy to put new bearings in.  There are shims to adjust the preload, but as long as you are careful, and put them all back the same way, you should not need to check/adjust them.

Check all the u joints and if it has CV joints, check them too.  The CV joints were expensive in 1972, and probably are now also.

Plan on putting volvo seats in it unless you are only gonna drive it under an hour at a time.