[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Thanks to Marshall and Dave M (& others) - you wrote:<<About 13 sec.>> that makes my initial time of 14 sec seem pretty close! I need to try again with AC off and see how we do.

Now, given my closeness to the standard time, does that change our diagnosis for the engine/head/GPs having carbon deposits around them? I still get the rough running/white smoke when 1st started *if* the ambient temp is below ~45F - only very slightly rough - more like a cough - above ~45F. But below 40F is seems to run on 3 cylinders.

Changes NOTHING.

Is there anything in the IP or injectors that might cause them to "stick" when cold? Grasping for straws --

Injectors DO sometimes become touchy when cold. They need to be tested for pressure and spray pattern after sitting in a freezer for and hour or so to confirm that.

Leaky delivery valve seals seem to be a little MORE troublesome when cold (at least at first). There is NO field test for delivery valve seals.

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi (retired)