Combine that with younger folks often having smaller living spaces.I've got my
great grandmother's china closet in a storage shed up north but we have no
china nor anywhere to put such a big piece, our house is too small and its too
big. Its also too fragile, the glass would get broke, the veneer chipped, its
getting ruined in storage but at least I don't have to see it getting ruined in
my house.
Nobody else in the family wants it either, I'd let any of them take it,
everybody has the same problem, too much of their own stuff already.
The other thing is that I don't think many of us understand fine china or
silverware. Most of our silverware came from yard sales, it works, its better
than Wal-Mart stuff (we do agree on quality things) but I can't see having
plates or silverware I don't use every day. If what I eat on isn't good enough
for a "special occasion" than I don't think that special occasion is important
enough to be at my house.
-Curt

    On Monday, December 10, 2018, 2:54:30 PM EST, Randy Bennell via Mercedes