-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Alex Chamberlain
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2006 10:38 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Failing Window Motor

On 3/30/06, Jim Cathey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > motor is dying or dead
>
> Perhaps, but it would be worth your time to actually diagnose
> this.  You'd need to make sure the motor was getting full
> power, and that the linkage wasn't gummed up.  Personally
> I really _hate_ buying a new part only to find out that
> I didn't really need it.

Hmm... this is true.  However, I'd still get a NEW motor (or one-piece
motor/regulator assembly if it's one of those, like in 124 rear doors)
if
that IS the problem.  For me the annoyance of taking a door apart and
fishing the regulator in and out compared to the relatively small price
premium of a new motor over a used one puts this in the category of jobs
worth paying extra on to make sure they stay fixed, if at all possible,
as
long as I own the car.

Alex Chamberlain
'87 300D Turbo