I much prefer the vintage Mercedes cars.  They have quality the new cars do not
have.  And the older cars have distinctive design that current cars just do
not.  For the past two decades every maker has been chasing the melted velveeta
wind tunnel shape.   Used to be a street walker could identify an incoming
customers' quality by the look of the cars.  Even at night you were able to
tell a benz from a beemer, from american iron.  Now, the only way to be able to
tell a benz at night is that the driver has his star lit up.

I was out for a walk this weekend at night and could pick out the w201, a 126,
a 123, a pair of w124 and even a w210 headed toward me.  Until the newer benz
were right alongside or passing was I able to figure out they were MB, except
for the guys who had lit up grill stars.

clay monroe
redgh...@comcast.net