They deployed 'sharpshooters'.
But it takes a LOT of practice to shoot something out of the air with a rifle.
Not to mention, the bullets raining down in London make it a very bad idea to
actually let the sharpshooters fire rifles into the air.

The drones have very good cameras and probably try to avoid the sharpshooters,
and they usually buzz the airstrips at night.
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/12/20/23/7683328-6517701-image-a-1_1545349066447.jpg
Mitch.