So when I left the hospital the other day the docs had written prescriptions
for like 7 things. I had forgotten to bring my new insurance info (like I was
expecting to go there...) so they said they could call the pharmacy which I
think is the CVS deal or just call the hospital pharm and I could get it there.
So I said sure that is easier I’ll just pick it up on the way out, the pharmacy
is right by the door. So the nurse organized that, comes and tells me they are
giving me some discount as a cash customer it’ll be $76. Ok fine. I go pick
stuff up, it is 2 plastic bags full of stuff. Like 6 bottles of pills then 2
boxes and some more of these injectables. It was crazy. I figured it would be
$760 for all that stuff. But there it is. I have no idea how they decide prices
on this stuff.

I have to call them and give them the insurance info, get that sorted out, I’m
gonna take a huge hit on the deductible which I guess I figured the ins was
more for “catastrophic“ events which I guess this thing was.

There’s no winning this game...

--FT
Sent from iPhone