Maybe forget the car stereo entirely. Just get a rechargeable jbl
bluetoorh, download whatever you wany to your phone, and play it through
the speaker. I often listen to just the phone speaker, streaming whatever
ted talk on youtube or similar while I drive home. I lost the faceplate on
the radio in the 123 about five years ago and never looked back. The phone
stuff just keeps getting better and there are no ads at all.

I have a denon heos receiver that streams directly from any music source.
There is a phone app to control it. So I use the phone to stream music
through the amp to my ceiling speakers also. Could use alexa but no need.

On Dec 28, 2018 6:29 PM, "fmiser via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
wrote:

> Kaleb wrote:

> It is amazing how much higher quality the stereo sounds is on
> old recordings such as these from the 50's and 60's.  Far
> superior to anything you will find today.

Less processing - especially compression (dynamic range, not file
size).

It's possible to get better sound now - but only if someone bucks
the trends in popular music.