Ok computer gurus, I bought six overpriced ubiquiti cameras to go with my
network hardware at home, which is all ubiquiti stuff. But I need to run
their nvr software on a server of some type. I would like to rack mount it.
Their video software runs on any debian based linux or on windows. I am
most familiar with ubuntu, so will likely use that.

My thoughts are 4-8 gig of ram, a quad core processor, at least 2TB of disk
space (maybe x2 HD for backup), and thats about it. It will go in the rack
with an ethernet cable. The network guys who install these things can
typically spec these out for about $200. I just load linux, load the nvr
software, and configure. UBIQUITI sell an nvr device but it is backordered.

Honestly I think any type of NAS would do the trick. That would allow me to
park media files on it also, eg the cd collection. Where do people
typically purchase that type of hardware thing? Provantage?

Any thoughts appreciated. Seems like there are some computer savvy types on
the list.

Karl