> On January 1, 2019 at 9:31 PM OK Don via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
> wrote:
>

> For one, there's the subsidy for adding ethanol to gasoline.
> https://www.forbes.com/sites/rrapier/2018/05/13/addressing-misconceptions-from-senator-grassleys-ethanol-editorial/#7563b48e15ee

That's the original Alternative Fuel subsidy, isn't it?
Or did we have wind subsidies before we had ethanol?
I can remember when gas was $1.50 and ethanol cost $2.50-3.00 to make, and
nobody would have touched it if it weren't for the subsidy. Today regular is
1.82 and E85 is 1.72 after subsidy, not worth it unless you need the high
octane equivalency of the alcohol, as E85 takes you 70-75% as far as gasoline.
https://www.speedway.com/StoreDetails?store=7515

And they say there's a complimentary "oxygenated fuels mandate" but I don't
know details on that one.
Seems like it forced the use of alcohol and/or MBTE, and then we found out that
MBTE laced fuel was worse in the groundwater than normal petrol, so now it
forces alcohol.

Mitch.