> On January 6, 2019 at 9:23 AM Curley McLain via Mercedes
> <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>

> Those M2A1 cans make good toolboxes for the trunk of your 123/124/126

And you get 165 of the bigger PA120 cans.
You can keep a few oil filters dry and mouse-free in a 18x10x6" can.
Haul the extras off to a gun show, sell the 7.62 cans for $10 or 3 for $20,
sell the 40mm for $15 or 3 for $35.

Back in the 1990s before they got the bright idea to demand the destruction of
surplus ammo instead of selling it for real money, I used to buy remanufactured
WWII and Korea war ammo in boxes of 20, buy 20 boxes and the guy would throw in
a 30 cal M2A1 can. IIRC it was around $40 for 400 rounds. They'd pull the
bullets, dump the powder and reload with fresh milsurp powder and noncorrosive
primers. Not the most accurate stuff in the world, but it was cheap.

Now I hear it sells for $2/ea for AP and $1-1.50 for tracer. I only have about
2 cans of tracer, it was fun to play with but it cost more than the AP 20 years
ago. I forget when the ATF decided steel core 7.62x51 was "armor piercing
handgun ammo", but by the time I was buying it the only 7.62 I could get was
tracer. All my AP is 30-06, I forget how many cans of that I have. I should
sell half of it and pay down my mortgage.

Mitch.