Thursday eve I replaced the screen on SWMBette's Moto E phone, but it did
not turn out well.  The new screen is beautiful and indistinguishable from
the original screen, to my eye.  Was about $50 from some outfit in Hong
Kong, and I'll give them a good rating for the quality of the screen and
fast shipping via DHL.

Unfortunately, the socket for the main antenna broke completely off the
main logic board during disassembly.  The soldering job must have been
poor, as I've taken a few other cell phones apart and put them back
together and never had this issue.  It didn't take any unusual amount of
force to come off, but when I tried to put it back together, I realized
that the socket was not on the board but was still in the end of the little
cable.  I made a clumsy attempt to re-solder that tiny sucker back in
place, but no joy with my equipment.  Special soldering station needed
here, I think the proper tool has built-in magnification and uses hot air
instead of a hot tip soldering gun?

I did discover during my search for the screen that Motorola has decided to
make their factory repair parts available via retailers, so that DIY guys
and gals can make quality repairs.  Unfortunately this model phone is too
old I guess and not many factory parts are still available. I searched
around a bit for a replacement logic board, but haven't found one yet.

New replacement cell phone is on the way from eBay, only $90.  Identical
model, so now if she breaks the screen again, I can use this one.