Jim Cathey wrote:
The bank of 4 (or is it 5) that's in the later VDO ACC system
comes to mind.  Junkyards are full of them.

Thought about that when I was trying to source valves last semester (that was surprisingly hard... as most valves are in the $60+ range!!) Haven't gotten around to making it cheaper with used parts as the course is looking for something that can be manufactured.... here is what I found and am using in the project (12V version available, just not listed on website).

http://www.alliedelec.com/Search/ProductDetail.asp?SKU=499-0790&SEARCH=&ID=1193735

Looked up the valves your talking about in Rusty's catalog and think I'm going to have to order one and test it out. Hopefully the interface isn't some serial deal. It has 8 pins and 7 valves so hopefully a pin should correspond to a valve!!

John
'79 300SD