My mother lived up there for about 15 years and my step father is corporate
pilot. When I would visit up there we would take the float plane to all sorts
of places such as fishing off the plane in the mountains. One time one of his
kids had a base ball game or something. We went there via float plate. They
basically had a long trench dug near the ball field which was a water runway of
sorts. Very interesting.

Sent from my iPhone