From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of kevin kraly
Sent: Sunday, April 02, 2006 9:54 PM
To: Mercedes mailing list
Subject: [MBZ] 1979 300CD another bad one!

Well, the 1979 300CD was a no go.  For starters, I arrived only to find out
when checking the oil that it had about 1/8" of oil on the dipstick!  I was
first told that he had driven it to where it's currently sitting about a
month ago.  I was later told that the car hadn't been started for 9 months.
Different stories about what "really happened" were beginning to turn me
off, but the clincher was that he couldn't find the keys!  I had my test
battery in, had it connected, and I was ready to start it.  That was enough!

He ended up calling me saying he'd found the keys before I was out of the
neighborhood.  There was no way I was going back!
The body wasn't too bad other than the crunched hood mentioned in the ad.
It did have some pretty gnarly damage where the corners of the hood dug into
the cowl which seemed like it would be quite hard or impossible to fix and
look even close to normal.  The windshield was totally caved in with bits of
glass EVERYWHERE!  The seats were great!  However, the doors were hacked to
put in speakers which were taken out.  The stereo was gone too as if the car
was stripped and left for dead which is certainly where it's headed now!  It
had no carpets, and the floor was wet, probably due to the broken windshield
and the usual gap in the side window seals in the roof.

Kevin in Hillsboro Oregon with no Benz